My Cake Home @ Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands

Was adventurous this evening and tried out this new shop called My Cake Home at Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands.

First dish ordered was the Hainanese Chicken Chop. 

A little disappointing because the chicken was plainly fried and was no different from crispy  fried KFC drumstick. The sauce looked like ketchup sauce and it was. It was not bad tasting but disappointing because it is definitely not Hainanese Chicken Chop. The fries and coleslaw tasted like the usual.

What attracted me to this place was that the previous night I passed it and saw customers eating pizza and satay. I was impressed with the range of dishes. So the second dish I tried was the prawn pizza.


I liked the presentation of the pizza on the wooden platter. Taste wise the cheese and prawns were ok but the dough was disappointing as it was thin so I was expecting it to be a little crispy but instead it was a little tough.

The shop has free WiFi so I tried to use it to check on FourSquare what was the comments on this shop. However the speed was so slow the app and any web page I tried was crawling slow! 

I had to use my own 3G connection and found that FourSquare gives this a 5+ rating (out of 10) and common comments that the dishes were expensive. One curious FourSquare comment (the first) gave it a glowing review saying how good the food was and how reasonable price etc which was totally different from the all other comments after that. 

Overall, it's not bad but I have to concur with the other FourSquare comments that the place is pricey for the quality of food served.

The Hainanese Chicken Chop was RM 16.
The Pizza was RM 23.


The place is called "My Cake House" but I didn't try any of their cakes. I assume that the cakes should be better than their other dishes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment